Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chicken Stew Recipe


I know it might sound weird...usually you hear Beef Stew. But I just love chicken stew! Almost the same as the beef stew...just with CHICKEN!!
You can cook this on the stove or in your slow cooker (crock pot)



Ingredients:
3 full chicken breast
2 sweet potato's chopped into large chunks (if you have red potato's or regular potato's in your cabinet...hey use those! I always have sweet potato's...they are my fav!)

1 large onion (I love red onions!!--use what you have!)
3 carrots chopped into large chunks (oh yeah, peel them!)

About 3 or 4 cups of broth
small can of tomato puree
salt and pepper to taste

tablespoon of garlic
2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1/2 a can of tomato paste
1/2 a teaspoon of basil 
2 tablespoons of flour



So I'll be honest and tell you that...I throw it all in the crock pot first thing in the morning and let it sit all day on low! Then when I get home from work, I take out the chicken and cut or pull it apart (then put back in)...it usually just falls apart..it's so good!

But if you can't do that..
Cut the chicken into chunks and brown it up, with the garlic and onion. ( be careful not to burn the garlic!)

Then throw in the rest of the ingredients - except the flour- on medium heat. When your stew starts to bubble.. IN A SEPARATE BOWL, take some of the liquid out and carefully mix it with the flour. (I think this is what you are call a RUE) Then add this flour mixture back to your stew and stir. Now let cook until your veggies are cooked.

It's so easy!
AND SO YUMMY!
I like to serve this with some delicious molasses rolls. (that recipe is on it's way!)


1 comment:

  1. The best chicken stew ever. I could have finished the entire pot myself!

    ReplyDelete