Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin cake and cream cheese frosting!

Today I am going to bake a pumpkin cake with a cream cheese frosting...
I know..how good does that sound? Perfect time of year for pumpkin. This recipe was given to me by a co-worker. When I make the frosting... I like to add EXTRA cream cheese. I love that cream cheesey taste on top of the cake. I thought this time I would try out some cake pops. And since It's November... (my birthday month) I thought I'd try out those turkey pops...from my favorite website ... www.bakerella.com 

Here it is: Pumpkin Cake (Bars) From my coworker E.Zan.



4 eggs
1 2/3 cups of granulated sugar
1 cup of canola
15 oz. can pumpkin
2 cup flour (sifted)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda.

Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. In a seperate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture until batter is smooth...

What a gorgeous color that is!
Next put in a 13x9 pan. Bake at 350. Bake for about 35 minutes. (Reduce heat if you use a dark pan) Wait until it's completely cool to frost!
YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS!

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
16 oz cream cheese softened... (I am going to be honest here and tell you I added one more package of cream cheese to this mix.)
1 cup of butter, softened
4 cups of sifted confectioners' sugar (Do you sift?? I don't have time! LOL)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Are you drooling yet???... well if not..wait til you taste it. It's pretty irresistable...


  •  Mix cream cheese & butter in a bowl with a mixer until smooth


  • Add sugar and mix at low speed until combined

  • Add vanilla

Frost the cake and cut into bars. The icing should be nice and thick!! YUM!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment