Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chicken Roll Ups


When my children beg me for chicken nuggets... I always ask... how about some "chicken balls" instead? That's what we call them..but when I share the recipe I change it to roll ups.(lol)  The name chicken balls, always gets a chuckle from my son.
This recipe is delicious and has been passed down through my family.
You can make a few or a bunch at a time--- they freeze well.  I find myself making extra  & freezing them. Then, when I need a quick "go to" meal, I can grab a few out of the freezer and warm them up.




Here's what you will need:

One package of boneless chicken breast slice thinly-- I usually get about 12 thin slices out a a 1- 1 1/2 pound package (if you want to buy the thin slices... go for it...)
1 to 1 1/2 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
about a 1/4 of a cup of olive oil
about 1/3 of a cup of fresh parmesan cheese
about 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
salt and pepper to taste



First slice your chicken breast thin. You should get about 12 slices..more or less.
Next, combine the breadcrumbs, parm cheese, paprika, (and salt and pepper ) on a plate.
Then in a bowl or plate, with ridges, pour your olive oil.


Now, you can do one or two things...
You can either take your chicken & dredge it in the olive oil..
 or you can coat it with a brush.
I like to coat it with a brush..don't laugh..
I use my grilling brush (my utensil space is limited in my little kitchen!)





After you have the chicken coated or wet enough that the breadcrumb mixture will stick to it...
Place it on the breadcrumbs and then flip so that both sides are coated with breadcrumbs.










Now, all you  have to do is roll them up...










AND place them side by side on a cookie sheet (please excuse mine, it is well seasoned, I think it was my mom's at one point). The side should be touching.



Bake them in the oven at 325-350 (depending on your pan)for about 25-30 minutes.

I serve this with homemade rice pilaf and broccoli. My family (especially the kids, LOVE THIS MEAL!)



(whoops I overcooked the broccoli)






0 comments:

Post a Comment