Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Half Moon Cookies


This cookie recipe was passed down from my grandmother...to my mother, who is the master of all cookies and just about anything baked! My mom is amazing in the kitchen! I can remember every year at Christmas-- the teachers in my elementary school would wait patiently for the enormous tray of cookies my mom would give out. The tray was filled with a large variety of all of her special holiday cookies. They were beautiful!
I admire my mom for all of her hard work...and for the hours she spent baking these special gifts.
These are one of my favorite cookies (aren't they all?? lol) They are such a light cookie and they practically melt in your mouth. The powdered sugar and flakey butter cookie..mixed with that little walnut in the middle is the perfect holiday treat!

Here's what ya need:
4 cups of flour
1 cup of confect. sugar
2 eggs yolks
1 jigger (shot) of whiskey
1lb unsalted butter
walnuts
extra confect. sugar

In your mixer blend the sugar & butter.
Next,add egg yolks and mix.
Now, add the whiskey and mix
Finally add the flour.
Mix the ingredients until dough comes away from bowl (I used a spoonula thing..because the dough gets all over your hands.. I use my hands at the end... when it comes together better)
** You may need a little more flour at the end.. you'll know.
Once your dough is formed, roll into crescents (they should look like a cresent moon.. not too thick.. not to big.. about the length of your pointer finger..then curve to shape like a moon)
Once you have formed the crescents, push a walnut in the center.. (small - medium piece of a walnut.. not an entire huge walnut)

Now, bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

While they are baking- place some confectioners sugar onto a plate or piece of wax paper.

Then,while the cookies are still warm(but not burning hot! Wait a minute or two! If they are too hot they will break in half).. roll in confect. sugar.



I just know you are going to love these!!!


Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment