Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nutella Linzers

Ingredients:
2 cups of flour (regular all purpose flour..I use King Arthur)
2/3 cup of sugar (you are going to need about 1/4 of this when you ground the almonds--so they don't form a paste)
1 cup of sliced almonds toasted then ground up
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of cinammon
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of madagascar bourbon vanilla extract
 2 egg yolks

Nutella
confectioners sugar to dust over top of cookie

Toast the almonds for about 8-10 minutes.
Let cool. Then put in food processor with 1/4 of the sugar. (this is part of the sugar you need)
Set this aside for later.

In your mixer cream the butter & left over sugar until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks and vanilla. Once that is combined add in the nut mixture.Lastly add in the flour & the salt. Once the dough is mixed, wrap in platic wrap and let refrigerate for about an hour.

Once the dough is refrigerated... and ready to go...
roll out your dough on a well floured area to about a quarter of an inch. (you will probably have to cut the dough in half  & roll seperately)
Cut out your cookies... some of your cookies will be the top and some will be the bottom. The tops will need an extra small cookie cut out in the middle of the cookie. Make sure you make enough matches. ( you can re-roll out the dough.... the only problem I had was that the dough got crumbly from rolling it out to many times! I don't have a lot of space...so I had to roll it out a few times!)

I use a baking stone to bake my cookies. I baked these at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes..(keep checking them) They will be a pale golden color.

Cool these cookies on a cooling rack.

Then take one full cookie and use as the bottom.. I flipped the cookie over and spread the nutella on it.
THEN place your top cookie (the one with the cut out) on top and make a little sandwich.

Dust with confectioners sugar!!!

These are so delicious!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!
Print Page

2 comments:

  1. This is a recipe I want to try, but - how much flour and sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry susan! I think I was posting this late one night after I had put my kids to sleep! How did I forget the flour & sugar??!! Thanks for commenting! Always wondering if there is anyone out there! :)
    K

    ReplyDelete