Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homemade soft pretzels!


The last time I tried out soft pretzels with my helper AJ...it was a disaster... we used the recipe by Alton Brown (who, btw, we love). It flopped..no idea why..but they were gross! Not sure what happened...because the recipe I tried out today..was almost exactly the same as alton brown's!!!

I was blog hopping today and I found this recipe (on jamie cooks it up)...followed it mostly, I only had 4 tsp of yeast left in my fridge..so I had to adjust a few things...
That didn't matter...
because these PRETZELS are FABULOUS!!!
A FABULOUS FIND...for this week.
PREZTEL RECIPE (click here for the recipe)

Here's some picture's of my helpers working away on this snowy day...











5 comments:

  1. Kelli, these look really good! I've never tried pretzels. How did the rolls turn out last night? I commented back on the post to answer your question, but it was a few hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison!
    Well my husband and son LOVED them!!I thought they tasted great too! But I think I did something wrong...I will go back and look at your post! Sorry I didn't check back! I should sign up to get emailed the responses! They were really sticky... I will try again!!! We love to have a little bread w/ dinner!!

    The kids did really great with these today!! I really think they taste great!! :) I hope you try them too! Have you done any cookies?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they loved them! I liked them, too. I'm still looking for a really fluffy yeast roll recipe! I'm planning to do some decorated cookies Saturday for Valentine's day. I was going to make them for the kids' class parties, but they moved the parties up a day, so I ended up doing chocolate chip! I may try the pretzels this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat blog you have! The big chewy pretzels look delicious!

    ReplyDelete