Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lick the spoon chocolate cupcakes!

Remember growing up when it was ok to lick the batter off the spoon??? Remember fighting over who was the one that would get it this time?? Well I remember...a time before it was unsafe to lick the spoon - which it is..and NO I don't let my kids lick the spoon when I am baking!
I tasted this batter and it's lick the spoon worthy..no seriously.. it's hard not too..it's THAT good! I'm not telling you to go and lick the spoon...I wouldn't do that... it's unsafe. But you are going to want to!!!!
I saw this recipe on the joy of cooking and thought I'd try it out..this is 1 of 3 recipes I've tried for chocolate cake..however this one..was specifically for cupcakes.


Chocolate Cupcakes:

Here's what ya need"

 
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup boiling hot water
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sofened unsalted butter
1 cup  sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons madagascar vanilla extract

OVEN 375. (I kept mine at 350 because I have a dark cupcake pan.)
Line your pan w/ cupcake liners coat it well w/ cooking spray.
This made 19 cupcakes for me.

First boil your 1 cup of water and mix it in a bowl with the cocoa. Let it sit until it's room temp.

Next,in a seperate bowl mix your dry ingredients... flour, salt and baking powder.

Then, cream butter and sugar in your mixer. Once it's combined add one egg at a time and then your vanilla.
Now, add your flour mixture, slowly.
Finally, slowly (so the cocoa mixture doesn't fly all over..which happened a little for me! whoops) add your cocoa mixture.

Once you have your batter ready -- I use a ice cream scooper to get the perfect amount of batter for my cupcakes liners. Fill one scoop in the liners and you are all set!

Bake for about 16 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean!

ENJOY! YUM!!!
When co
 


Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment