Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Royal Frosting!

Royal Frosting...
For a while I was using confectioner sugar and milk to make my own frosting..I would mix until the consistency was just right for piping.
Until I found a fabulous recipe on the sweetopia website.
I LOVE this website..I hope you stop by and check it out! I think you will fall in love with this talented and amazing artist!

Here's what ya need: (adapted slightly from sweetopia)

Ingredients:
1 cup of warm water (you will eventually need a little more to get to piping consistency)
5 Tablespoons Meringue Powder (i use the wilton brand)
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 lb bag confectioner sugar
1/2 teaspoon of clear vanilla (I don't use the clear..but I do use the powdered)

Directions:
Put vanilla, water, meringue powder, cream of tarter and mix. Then gradually add in your sugar...do this slowly...because if you don't...you will have a huge powdered mess all over your kitchen!
Using the paddle attachment put your mixer on low and mix slowly for a full 10 minutes. The icing will look like fluffernutter! I swear!!
If you are going to use it right away, cover the bowl with a dampened towel to prevent crusting and drying.
The rest is up to you! Go ahead and use your food colorings and make rainbow of colors!
Store in an airtight container!!

Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment