Thursday, March 18, 2010

Easy, no bake...Peanut Butter Granola bars

Once again I was blog searching & I accidentally stumbled upon a blog that had a recipe for 5 minute,no bake granola bars! AND she wasn't kidding... it seriously took no time at all!!
Sending a little blog love (as someone once said to me!) to Anne for the great recipe! Thank you! Here is what I did..with Anne's recipe... (I will post a picture tomorrow..this is so good I had to share it right away!!!)

Here's what ya need:

Ingredients:
Dry:
1 & 3/4 Cups rolled oats
1 Cup koala crisp rice cereal (gluten free no perservative organic cereal--chocolate flavor!)
3/4 Cup seeds- total (I used pumpkin seed and sunflower seeds)
1/4 Cup ground flax
1/4 Cup unsweetened coconut  (I only used a tiny bit....I had none left! she calls for a 1/4 cup)

Wet:
1/2 Cup honey (she used brown rice syrup..I didn't have that!)
1/3 Cup chunky peanut butter (that's what was in my fridge... almond butter would be great too)
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Instructions:

Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together.

In a separate (microwave safe) bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then microwave them for about 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix and add to the dry ingredients. The honey and the PB get really sticky together.

Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix! Keep mixing until the wet binding ingredients are as well distributed as possible.

Then, put the mixture onto a low pan (I used a cookie sheet that had edges)and flatten it down. THAT'S IT!!!! OMG!!!!!

Let me just say the chocolate cereal, nuts, oats, and peanut butter go so great together!!
I am thinking a few mini chocolate chips would be great...but hey...I am trying to stay healthy!
 ENJOY!

7 comments:

  1. When is your half in NYC? And did you say Peanut Butter granola bars? YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's april 25th! soo soon! and the bars are great...so glad I stumbled upon them! I am a huge fan of granola! Oh and my husband found the zingers at an EMS store near him..I'm going out for a long run..so i might take them with me! Luckily my mom's house is somewhere around mile 4...just in case.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, are you doing the More Mag 1/2? That's awesome. Glad you got the stingers, they're delish and I just refuse to try gu. The graph I use is through Nike Plus. I have the sensor in my shoe and the iTouch automatically works with it and tracks your runs. It's a great training tool and the sensor is maybe 20 bucks? Do you have Nike sneaks though? A lot of people use the Garmin to train with but I haven't invested in one quite just yet. Do you do your cakes full time? They're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes the more mag 1/2! Are you doing that one too? I don't have nike sneakers..I love my saucony's. I wonder if I could use it w/ them too? Cakes are just something that I do for fun! Thanks for the compliments! I'd love to do them full time! Maybe some day... a nice little bakery/coffee shop... haha..whoops there I go again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have something for you on my blog!

    http://justlikegrandmascooking.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-is-here-and-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. aren't they the best granola bars ever? so quick and easy! i'm all out, so i gotta make more :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon this recipe and tried it the other night. They're so good! I especially loved how easy they were to put together.

    Thank you!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    PS I blogged about them today!

    ReplyDelete