Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes and French Toast Cupcakes

This week I tried out two different flavors of cupcake! BOY were they magical.
First, chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake w/ a whipped cream cheese frosting.
For this, I would change the frosting to a whipped cream frosting. I thought the flavor of the cream cheese frosting was great but a light whipped cream frosting would have gone better with this very rich, dense, cupcake!

Here is what they look like before I put them in the oven!
A few pictures after..it just happened to be teacher appreciation week. So, my children brought these to their teachers! Perfect timing!



The second cupcake I worked on was a french toast cupcake. This week I met up with a few friends to chat about cupcake camp. My lovely friend suggested the idea of a french toast cupcake! Oh, how wonderful I thought that sounded and what a perfect way to incorporate cupcakes into every part of the day, including breakfast.
This is my version of the french toast cupcake. A moist cupcake with real maple syrup, sweet brown sugar and of course...butter. Topped with a light sweet homemade whipped cream, dusted with cinnamon and a quick drizzle of maple syrup!


Interested in the recipes I used for these? Let me know! I'd be happy to pass them on!




Print Page

4 comments:

  1. my girls would love the chocolate chip cookie cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of cookie and cupcake together! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! That looks soooo yummie! may I have both recipes? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete