Saturday, June 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Usually I make these fantastic chocolate chip cookies to distribute to friends, teachers, neighbors, random drive bye's for those who "have to have a ccc"... but last weekend not only did I make those famous ccc's but I also made these DELICIOUS (my husband's ultimate favorite) peanut butter cookies! I found the recipe online and put a little kelli twist on it!
Here it is!


PB Cookies:

Here's what ya need...
3 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
2 sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
2 eggs
1 cup of chunky pb ( I used organic chunky pb)
2 1/2 tsp of GOOD vanilla
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of sugar
1 bag of peanut butter chips

Oven temp: 350.
 Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a seperate mixing bowl.  In your mixer, beat butter, pb, & vanilla. Add sugars. Once that is mixed in well, begin mixing in half of the flour mixture...make sure none of that pb goodness is stuck to the side of your bowl. Have you spoonula ready! Add the eggs, one at a time. Finally, add the rest of the flour mixture. Easy Right??

You can use an ice cream scooper to scoop out and put on cookie sheet, then make criss cross fork marks by pressing the back part of your fork onto the top of the round dough ball. (this is what I did)
The recipe called for a tablespoon of dough, in a  1 3/4 inch ball form. Making about 4 dozen.
I used my ice cream scooper and had about 2 dozen cookies..maybe a little more.

Cook for about 14 minutes for the small balls & about 18 minutes for the larger ones. (I had to check on mine the first few times to make sure they were in long enough!)

ENJOY!!!
Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment