Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Satucket Farm Stand & bakery in Cape Cod, MA

 

Here I am  up in Cape Cod, Mass- my favorite summer time sweet escape. It doesn't matter which side you choose, the bay or the ocean side- the beaches are gorgeous. Ya know what? SO are the bakeries! Down the main road, rout 6A, there are many little bakeries to choose from. Most of them are really good...but I do have 2 favorites. TODAY, I will share one of those with you. It's tucked away on a side cut through road, off of route of 6A. At first when you pull up to the tree covered farm stand you are thinking "great where the heck am I going to park."  There is a very small gravel lot and more parking if you are brave enough to pull off and park on the side of the road.
If you are lucky enough to find a spot in the little lot, when you open your car door you will be graciously greeted by a sweet smiling yellow lab, Annie. If she is not enough to make you want to come back everyday, then the homemade breads, muffins, whoopie pies, sweet corn and fresh fruits & veggies definitely will.  
The muffins: we are not just talking about your regular plain old muffin here... we are talking about FRESH, moist, want to go back everyday to stock up on these precious gold like muffins. 
The muffins look so good!! I try to only take a "taste" of the muffins, you know for recipe research sake...ha.  My kids sleep a little later out here on the cape. Of course, I still wake up at the crack of dawn. I find myself trying to find things to pass the time...I get up, go for a run on the trail, have my breakfast, clean up (but there's not much to clean..we are on vacation!), just waiting for them to wake up---so I can have a taste or two of the muffins they have picked out. Ha!
Just take a look for yourself- so far we have tried out the chocolate chocolate chip- (kids loved it..IT's VERY chocolatey & pretty too) 
                                                            AND
The french toast muffin, which by the way, didn't really make it to the picture...hahaha.
 That is how good it was!!!! IT was sweet, with a little saltiness in there, moist dense cake like muffin, I could taste the nutmeg and a bit of cloves, probably dipped in butter and rolled around in a mountain of cinnamon, sugar, and salt mixture. DELICIOUS. 
It reminded me of a recipe I posted last year:
 http://kelliscakes-sweetdreams.blogspot.com/2009/11/dirt-bombs.html

This morning we are trying out a new flavor...espresso yogurt! 


HOW GOOD DOES THIS LOOK??? I bet it tastes even better...if those kids would just wake up from their deep exhausted (from a day of biking & trips to 2 different beaches) slumber...  
A muffin parade...

It seems that whenever we go on vacation we have many special things that we like to do... of course try out different bakeries, ice cream shops, go bike riding on the bike trail that goes throughout cape cod, visit my parent for campfires, have lobster bakes, walk Chatham and check out the pier, mini-golf, and of course there is always a stop at Cuffy's for new sweatshirts...

What are your "Favorites" from your vacations???





Print Page


0 comments:

Post a Comment