Monday, September 6, 2010

11 years

I just can't believe that 11 years ago (in a couple of days) my little boy was born. How is it possible for 11 years to fly by so fast? I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was scared & nervous of our unexpected life ahead. I was unsure of the plan that life had for us.  I promised myself that I would protect this baby and love him, teach him..I'd do things differently for him. I am sure every mother thinks that! He was the most perfect baby I have ever seen. He was a magical little bundle that created a whole new life for me. When I look back at his picture's I wish I could do it all over again. I think of all the things I would have done differently. We started off young together...and we have grown up together. Somehow, some way... life has lead us to good things. The pieces always fall together and we find a way to get by, to enjoy each other, & to be thankful for the friends and family who have helped us along the way.
He challenges me to create every day- in everything. Which is good. We are both still learning. He is also my biggest fan. He's that little extra push to keep me motivated. He is sweet, caring, careful & honest. He's a perfectionist..he likes things to come out correctly and doesn't have the patience when they don't. But he will try again. We are both perfectionist in every way.
The most recent challenge will be his b-day cake. Every year RC gives me a challenge..."mom, do you think you can make this cake?" This year the theme is lego. Because all he talks, walk, thinks and eats...is about lego's!
I've been working up a plan...and so far I've decided to go with a small cake for the top of my cupcake tower. The top cake will have the lego logo on it. The bottom tiers will be filled with cupcakes with the number 11 and little lego figurine body parts toppers on them. He has asked for vanilla and chocolate cake with homemade creamy chocolate buttercream. Of course I would do anything for this little man.
Here are some pic's of what I have so far... I can't wait to see it all put together.

The lego logo will be on top of the cake which will be covered in red fondant.
The round circles will be used a cupcake toppers.

Looking for a FABULOUS chocolate frosting recipe...
well click here.
It's creamy, sweet..and interchangeable. You can switch it up w/ bittersweet, semi-sweet...whatever chocolate you are craving!
ENJOY

Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment