Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Pie

Today I went down to the pub to start some Halloween Cookies. I also, baked an apple pie. I used a recipe that my mom passed down to me. The pie is just delicious. I thought I'd share it with you! I hope you get a chance to try it out and share your thoughts!
Kelli

Apple Pie
preheat oven to 400 degrees

Here's what ya need:
9 inch pie shell
Topping:
2/3 cup unsifted all purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
1/3 cup of butter
Apple Filling:
2lbs of tart cooking apples (i used mac's and granny smith)
1 tbls of lemon juice
2 tbls flour
3/4 cup of sugar
dash of salt
1 tsp of cinnamon
First put your crust into you pie plate and refrigerate.
Time to make your topping!
Combine flour and sugar in bowl and cut in butter until you end up with crumbs. Refrigerate.
Next, core and thinly slice apples and place in large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss.


In a separate bowl combine sugar, salt, flour and cinnamon. 
Mix well... then toss with apples.


Pour apple mixture into pie crust, make sure it goes in evenly.
Then top with crumble topping. 

Place in oven at 400 degrees and bake for 40-45 minutes!

ENJOY!


 

Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment