Monday, December 6, 2010

Salted Caramel Filling Recipe

This is a recipe that I have been dying to try out! I found it online on Sprinkle. It is for a cupcake filling..however.. I'd like to try it out as a cake filling for my rich chocolate cake recipe as well as a caramel cuppy.
Here's what ya need:
1/2 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of salted butter cubed
1/4 cup plus 1 tbls of heavy cream..room temp

Melt the sugar over medium high heat in a large heavy pot. Whis the sugar as it melts, until it become an amber color. Add the butter and stir until melted. Pour in the heavy cream ( BUT WAIT..watch out it will bubble and foam_ then whis unti you get a smooth sauce. If you have lumps, keep stirring until they have melted. Remove from heat and cool just slightly!

Sounds easy enought right? I usually use brown sugar for my caramel so I am interested in seeing how this turns out!

What is your favorite cake/cupcake filling?

:) Kelli


Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment