Monday, January 24, 2011

Chocolate ganache

I love chocolate ganache. I seriously can't get enough of it. I have found that if I am making a cake or cuppy's that call for chocolate ganache...my scale isn't really that nice to me that week. AND with this cold weather going on here in CT, I haven't really been able to get outside to run as much as I would like to, or as much as I need to. My treadmill has proven to be a tiny bit boring these days. Anyway... here's a couple of recipes for ganache that I like to use!

Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup of heavy cream
12 ounces of good bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons of light corn syrup

In a saucepan heat the cream until right before it's going to boil, then take off heat. Add broken up chocolate and corn syrup and stir. WHALA... you have ganache... you may want to let it cool for a few minutes.. it will be a little runny. Sometimes I just pour it over the cake and let it run.. sometimes I let it cool and then frost my cake with it. IF YOU want more of a frosting consistency..then allow it to cool for a few minutes... then you can whip it with your mixer until it becomes fluffier.

Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate ( you can use morsels, bar..whatever you have sometimes I find the morsels easier to use)
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter
In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before it's about to boil
Pour over the chocolate. Let this sit for a couple of minutes then dip your cuppy's or pour over (or frost) your cake. You can also wait until it cools off just a little but more and whip this with your mixer for a "frosting" like consistency.

ENJOY!



Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment