Monday, January 24, 2011

PeanutButter-licious?

Every year I try to come up with something extra special...extra peanut butter-y, extra delicious, for my husband's birthday. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter are his absolute favorite!!
One night...while I was trying to fall asleep-- ideas of different peanut butter creations floated through my head.  It may sound strange..but sometimes when I can't sleep I have these crazy thoughts of different ways to make sweet treats.. little bubble thoughts..images of different way to put sweet treats together to make taste bud magic..haunt me!!! haha.
I was thinking about my husband's favorite treats... gooey peanut butter cookies, chocolate peanut butter cake or cupcakes... and peanut butter frosting...peanut butter cups..... and then it hit me... what about a brownie cupcake...filled with his favorite peanut butter cookie dough...a little schmear (haha love inventing words) of chocolate ganache...and that insane peanut butter frosting***!!!! Chocolate peanut butter heaven!! 
This is the "semi-homemade" version of the recipe! I made it with my own recipes..but this might speed the process up a bit for ya!
Here's what ya need:
PB cookie dough (they have these in the cake mix section of your grocery store)
PB frosting (I'll attach a great recipe)
1 brownie mix ( your favorite brownies... grab one that has the chocolate glaze to put on top.. I know Ghiradelli has one.)
1 cupcake pan that hold 12 cuppy's

Preheat your oven to about 350 degrees. (less if you are using a dark pan)

Make your peanut butter cookie dough and set in the fridge for about 10 mins.



 Follow the step on your brownie mix, but make sure you go for the fluffy brownie version. I believe you add an extra egg and a little less water.

Next, take your cookie dough out of the fridge and roll into about 1 inch balls. Place them on a cookie sheet and put in freezer for about 5-10 minutes.



Put cupcake liners in your cupcake pan and fill liners with brownie batter just like you would a regular cupcake..I did mine about a little over 1/2 full. Then take your pb dough out of the freezer and place one ball into each cupcake.
Bake these babies at for about 15-20 minutes...don't overcook. They will still be a little gooey..but look like brownies! When they come out of the oven they should look like this.........................
Now get out that packet of chocolate that came with your brownie mix ( or you could make your own ganache..yummy) After the cupcakes have cooled for a few minutes spread a little of that chocolate over them..it should melt on...looking pretty shiny..
(LIKE THIS~)

You are going to want to let this completely cool before you add your peanut butter frosting.I piped my frosting on. Super easy..get a piping bag, cut a little off the end of the bag,then pipe swirl the frosting around.


NOW you might have little cookie dough left over. What I did was make a few extra "mini" cookies..then dipped the edge in melted chocolate and used it as a topper.

COMING SOON (click here)... ganache recipe, pb frosting recipe, favorite brownie recipe, pb cookie recipe.
Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment