Monday, March 21, 2011

Vanilla Cupcake Recipe

Here is another one of the vanilla cupcake recipes that I LOVE to use. It's quite simple!
All you need are a few easy ingredients and you are ready to go! I stumbled upon this while searching for a great vanilla cupcake recipe~ I am pretty sure this is from magnolia...


Here's what ya need:
4 large eggs (room temp)
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups of self rising cake flour
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour ( I love king arthur brand!)
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1 cup of millk
I found that these rise up and get a great dome on top. They are a little denser than a box mix, as most "real"  homemade cakes are---but they taste delicious!!

Here's how to make them:
Cream butter and sugar..but not too much. Add the eggs, scraping down the sides after each egg.
Mix the flours together (sift if you would like, sometimes I just use a whisk)
Add the flour and milk alternating in 3 batches.

Fill your cupcake liners 2/3 of the way..then bake for 20 -25 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you touch the top of the cupcake it should spring back... let them cool!

Enjoy!

Print Page

4 comments:

  1. ummm yummy! kinda similar to what I made for the Baptism Cupcakes yesterday. The only thing was I added pieces of Oreo Cookies.

    Good to see you back on the blog!

    Yaneri sweetbakesofmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I know it's been a while! St Patrick's day week was a whirlwind of activities!! I will check out your blog! Have you tried putting the entire oreo cookie ont he bottom of your cupcake? Looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did add!! I added half of the oreo cookie. My cupcakes were a big hit at the party!
    For the cupcake cake toppers for the Madri Gras toppers I printed them out free from The Tomkat Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your toppers!! Your cuppy's were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete