Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes (another one!)

HI there!I haven't been here in a while..I know.. life has been so busy but I PROMISE to try to get at least one recipe up a week..and hopefully a christmas giveway of some of my favorite holiday cookbooks!!
I've found that finding that perfect vanilla cupcake recipe is really tricky! How about you? Do you have a favorite? If you do post a link from your blog or website in the comment area of this post,so we can all try it out!
Here is the vanilla cc recipe that I have been using lately. I've been playing around with it a bit, fiddling with the amounts of vanilla and sugar. 

This is a picture of the holiday cupcakes that I made last weekend-- for a bake sale that my daughter's dance school hosted.
Here's what ya need:
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1  large egg
2 large egg yolks
1 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract (I like madagascar bourbon vanilla, it's yummy!)
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 1/2 cups of flour (I use king arthur)
3/4 cups of sugar
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees AND line your cupcake tray.
This made around 12-18 cupcakes for me. Depending on the size of your tray.

*In a seperate bowl whisk together your dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.

In your mixer,cream the butter and sugar together, next add the egg and egg yolks (The eggs should be room temp).
Now, slowly add your dry mixture interchanging with your buttermilk.
Mix until all ingredients are blended.

Fill your cupcake liners  and bake for about 20 minutes (maybe a min or two longer) or until a toothpick inserted to the cupcake comes out clean. The top of the cupcake will have a yellowy-gold-ish color. (Lovely description)

Enjoy!

Print Page

2 comments:

  1. These look adorable, as usual, and I just know they are delicious!!! yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura!!! Love all of your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete