Sunday, February 5, 2012

cheetah/zebra cake

When my daughter showed me what she wanted her birthday cake to look like... I hoped that I could live up to the task. I had never made large fondant flowers before. OF COURSE, the cake she liked had a huge flower on top. I've always wanted to know how-so this was the perfect opportunity!(in true fashion-my kids are always somehow or another teaching me new things!) I tried a few different types out- Here are some pictures of the peony roses:

This was my first "practice" one!
This is the one that was suppose to go on top of her cake...
BUT, the morning of her party...she looked at the cake and wanted the blue flower! SO, I added a little turquoise ribbon around the each tier-- (she's got a good eye for color...I think she gets that from me? jk)


Marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling, chocolate ganache and decorated with fondant.
YUM!!
Happy birthday sweety. <3

2 comments: