Friday, August 3, 2012

Cookie dough cake filling

I have a weakness for those mini chocolate chips....So when I was looking around for a new cake filling (for a special cake I'm working on) and found this recipe called for those delicious tiny semi-sweet chocolate morsels, I kinda knew it was going to be a hit.
I can't wait for you to try it out!

Here's what ya need:

Cookie Dough Filling (slightly adapted from bakingjunkie.com)

4 Tbsp salted butter, at room
6 Tbsp packed brown sugar (I used 4 light brown and 2 dark)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
A little under half a can of sweetened condensed milk(recipe calls for 7 oz)
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips


Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy
Slowly add the flour and evaporated milk. (I used less milk because the first batch I made was too runny for a filling and I didn't want it to leak out of my cake! Hate that!)
Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips!
YUM!!!!

Print Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment